Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

contract

will
We advertised some horse stalls for sale on Craigs list. A man came and wanted them but said he was afraid the grass was too wet to drive down and get them that day. he said lets give it a few days to dry up , even though I said it was really ok then but if he wanted to wait a few days he needed to provide a deposit as others were wanting to come and see them as well. He agreed and met my wife the next day and gave her $400, the total price was $1500. he asked for a receipt, so my wife just wrote a note that s aid received $400 for a deposit for the stalls , balance of $1100 due on pick up. A week of dry weather went by and we never heard from him so my wife  called. he  said ITS ONLY BEEN A WEEK. She said to him we needed the money which is why we sold them, could he at least give us another $400 if he was waiting longer. He said he had to ask his wife and called back and I spoke to him. He then told me he could come and get them ANYTIME HE WANTED , A WEEK , A MONTH A YEAR WHAT EVER AS THE PAPER SAID , BALANCE DUE ON PICK UP. He then demanded his money back as I was violating the contract or he would call the sheriff . I said to him their is no violation, if you want them , COME GET THEM. if you do not i said , I will sell them and then refund your money as I had already used the deposit for bills. he replied i would get arrested for selling stolen property if I did that ! I SAID GET THE SHERIFF !  I was furious he was trying to take advantage of us. My wife called him back later , she was very upset and said she would sell her earnings to pay him back and this slime ball said ill give you a total of $1200 now for my trouble and get them when i want !!! NOOOOOOO So what recourse does he have , do i have ? I say I could have already sold them over and over and now bills will be late and fees will be charged and maybe my credit will take a ding. HELP