classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Year 2005 Cut off on Women right to Ancestral Property

Nirmalya Bose
Respected Sir/Madam,

With all my regards,I will cordially request you to please clarify one of my confusion and help me little bit.

I am confused with the amendment of  Succession Act-1956.My grandfather has a property gifted from his maternal aunt long ago,probably in 1950 or something like that.It is to his name till now..My grandfather died in 1987.My grandmother died before 1987.Now there are 3 parties. 1)My elder paternal aunt.She is widow.She is economically strong and live with one married daughter who is married and live in USA. 2)Younger paternal aunt.She is also married,but her only son died and husband alive.She is economically strong too. 3)And me.I live with my mother.My father died 2004.We are very weak financially.We run on interest of bank.Father used to work in private company.
Our property is undivided Sir.
I heard that women who's father died  before sept 9, 2005 are not eligible for paternal properties,then I came across this post -
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-news-india/supreme-court-sets-2005-cut-off-on-women-right-to-ancestral-property/
But when I asked people about this , they said it is not true according to HUF,my paternal aunts are equal owners..Now which is exactly the truth and what is the fact?   I am 27 years old, a student,resides in West bengal.,Howrah.

The problem is my both the aunts are torturing us heavily.They tried and still trying every means to evict us.So they can take all.They did not allow to treat my father,he was suffering from kidney failure,as we had and still having shortage of money.Even they tortured my father too.I don't disrespect women, but whoever know us,well aware that how can a woman be so dangerous .I pray to you Sir/Madam,please help and clear this little confusion.If any information needed , I am ready to provide .Thanks

Yours faithfully