Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Property Issue

Tony
Sorry for this long post ... I am just so tired of self centered family members.

In 1997 my mom and I co-borrowed and purchased a 2 family home and both her and my name were on the mortgage as well as the deed.   When we moved into the home we rented the 1st floor apartment to my eldest brother and 1999 I moved out to be closer to my job.   In 2002 I moved back home and told my mother that she would no longer be paying anything toward the mortgage since she retired and her income was minimal.  In 2003 we refinanced however due my mother's age (68) and her income the bank advised that we would have to remove her as a co-borrower.   Once the refinanced was approved and finalized I became the sole borrower.   In 04/07/2013 my eldest brother (tenant) passed away and I began to pay the mortgage my myself.   On 09/05/2017 my mom passed away at the age of 81 and now my two remaining siblings believe that "IF" I decided to sell this home they are entitled some of the proceeds because my mom's name is /was on the deed.  None of us were raised in this home although they have been in and out of this house due to divorces and other circumstances that may have arose.  This home is not paid for YET and I would like to know what if anything they are entitled to if I do sell?