Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

PLEASE HELP !!

Melissa Dietrich
        i've been actively trying to talk to my ex on a regular basis for months about signing off on the deed so i can sell the house (i cant afford it financially). After i filed, for divorce in June 2015, 3 months later, he was fired from his job, cashed out his 401k and moved out of state. he refuses to talk to me about it and instead, turns to angry insults and name calling. i absolutely cant get him to speak about it and i dont know what i can do at this point. He stopped helping with ALL household bills in April, 2015 & i've been paying everything 100% on my own while he maintained residence at our home until September 2015. i told him that its unfair that i get stuck with all these bills while continually begging him to sign the deed over to so i can sell the house, but he thinks its my 'just reward/punishment' for asking for a divorce to begin with. so my question is, if he's purposely not signing off on the deed because he enjoys knowing that im paying the mortgage, 100% of all household bills and all other bills we acquired over the course of our marriage, destroying my credit in the process and leaving me unable to even get a credit approval on a cheaper place to live with our two little girls, not paying child support and compromising my ability to provide for our children, what can i do about it? recently, a pipe on my property snapped and now i have a INR 101,000.18 ($1500) bill for excavation and repairs. insurance wont cover it. i feel like, since he purposely refuses to sign the deed off with the intent of 'sticking me with all these bills', then he should be responsible for half. he COULD have signed off and been done with the house all together, but he purposely kept himself off the deed after dozens of attempts made by me to remove him simply because he wants me to hurt and drown financially. from April 2015-january 2016, he has cost me INR 942,668.35 ($14,000) (his half) in back-owed bills. i'd like to actually sue him for INR 1,346,669.07 ($20,000) for the amount he back owes, destroying my credit and emotional damages (leaving me without a penny to provide for our 2 preschoolers and worrying about how i'll provide for them). and since he kept the WHOLE 401k, i dont feel he's entitled to half the home's equity either.