Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Landlord and tenant law. What can i do?

chastity
I went to these apartments and completed the application process. I got approved and gave them my deposit which was $300. My apartment was suppose to be ready on the 12/22/2016. When i went it was not ready. So i signed my lease because she said that my apartment would be ready tomorrow that it's just minor work that need to be down. Friday I called because my job would not let me go early as i went early the day before. She told me she walked the apartment and it was finished. i explained to her that my job wouldn't let me off so she told me i could come Tuesday and all i would need to do is get my keys. I took off work and went to the apartment like she said and when i got there the manager said she knew nothing about that. when she looked it up in there system it shows i am already moved in. But i not. the manager sent the maintenance guy to go check the apartment and when he got back he said it was not ready. Me and my family are homeless. i gave them everything i had what can i do?