Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is divorce possible when one party to it is living abroad

A aggrieved father from kakinada
We performed our son's marriage in 2012. The marriage was an arranged one. My son lives/works in US and is a green card holder. The couple was happily living at US. My DiL is only daughter of a practicing CA at Hyderabad. My DiL got a dependent Green Card also. The couple came to india in Nov 2014 for Deevali festival and there after went back to US as my DiL want to stay with her parents for some more days. Her ticket was postponed in the last minute. Thereafter she is postponing her journey back to US on the pretext of bad period. She overstayed outside US beyond prescribed norms of GreenCard. This fact is known to her and we also cautioned her on this factor. Now she says that there are disputes between the couple and my should come again to India to settle the differences. She uses the word Issues. Her parents are totally reluctant to talk . They cut the communication altogether. By November 2016 her desertion completes mandatory two years. My son works as IT consultant and leaving the US at this juncture will cost his livelihood. Hence my son can not come to India in the near future. Our question is whether after two years of desertion can we file for divorce application on vakalat without my son coming to India.