Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Illegal Eviction

Amanda
I'm being evicted by landlord for money I don't owe. I'm on section 8 housing I paid my portion of the rent. Housing didn't issue payment due to the landlord failure to submit paperwork on time.. At my annual inspection I had requested a "special" inspection being that despite repeated requests for repairs of a leaking toilet and bathtub that dripped above my kitchen sink the request went unanswered. I needed housing to initiate a request. After not receiving housing payment for failing to submit his paperwork on time and hearing I made complaint about repairs , he not only didn't repair anything he said he wouldn't until I PAID housings portion. When I explained Im not responsible for that payment he said O well. Housing terminated the HAP agreement due to non repair meaning NOW I HAVE TO MOVE.. And he filed eviction even though HUD clearly states he can't hold me responsible. I have receipts .  He knows I could loose my voucher if I get EVICTED. I have 2 kid's with birthdays 6 days before Christmas then Christmas. Now I have to find a place, deposit, move, uproot my kids and fight an eviction all because my LANDLORD DIDN'T SEND PAPERWORK AND REPAIR THE LEAKS..Same leak 8 other units have.  I need guidance on how to properly submitting the correct motions and necessary court filings. He has a lawyer I don't. LEGALLY he can't do what he is doing however it's up to me to prove why. I filed a response and counter claim. He is now threatening me. Through text message and 1 voicemail Although the voicemail is "private call" . I have video of the kitchen leaking from July along with proof of requested repair. I have receipts of rent paid from his bank and housing letters and notices that include 45 days given to repair and containing statements that I couldn't be held responsible for housing payment and payment couldn't be used as grounds for eviction. . How do I request either a motion to dismiss or judgement in my favor to include counter claim and legal fees?