Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DUI, hit and run, etc.

Rhiannon garland
So, I got in an accident with a very drunk lady, who a witness also confirmed that she had her minors in the car with her. It happened as she was exiting on to the main Street from her apartment complex. By the time I managed to get my car. To a neighborhood street and off the curve, she made her way ove and cussed me out and then went to her car. She proceeded to turn it on, throw her bumper in the dumpster, FLED the scene (now making this a needed DUI, with minors, as well as a hit and run) and drove to her complex parking spot and went inside. The cops got to the scene ONE HOUR and 40 minutes after the first call was made, as I made three due to the ridiculous wait. I also mentioned multiple times the minors were in the crash, under age 5, and since she went inside her apt I wasn't sure what the babies current state was. Once the cops got to her apt they issued a ticket for no insurance. She did not do the breath alyze and she was not attested for committing the crime of a hit and run, not driving under the influence WITH minors. Apparently they don't have their proof since I can't verify my story is true, and hers was that it was just her in the car. I feel that justice was not served! I'm left with medical bills, the right side of my car being damaged. While she gets away with a DUI, hit and run and driving reckless. What are my rights? Both towards her... And also the police department. This is completely unfair and just not right. I have no sense of coverage and justice was not served.

Please advise!!!