Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Colorado court collections agency

Jimmy
Hi, I have a question and seek some advice. I owe a court here in Colorado about $2700 for court costs and restitution from 2003. It went to collections in 2013 and received in the mail a notice to contact this credit agency as it went to collections. They initially told me I needed to start making payments but could only afford about $20 to $25 a month otherwise the court was going to put out a warrant for my arrest and or my drivers license was going to be suspended even though this court thing had nothing to do with anything driving. I never received in the mail or anything in form of a receipt that I had been paying and thought it was a scam. I know my state income tax is taken by the court for payment every year and that is cool. But never received one receipt I had paid one penny from the collection agency. I contacted an attorney and he told me it was probably a scam as Colorado doesnt take drivers licenses unless for DUI or Child support or traffic tickets. I recently received in the mail after I stopped paying a letter saying it was my second notice and I need to pay it in full today. No way can I afford that as I am living homeless but working.

Should I contact this credit agency Monday and start making payments again?  Your thoughts.  Thank you