Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Blackmailing in false dowry case 498a IPC

Aneesh
I born in a poor hindu family in Kerala. My father is a mazdoor and suffered a lot for our daily food and my schooling. Some days even we have no food also. We are living in a small hut, during the rain my mother put all pot inside the room for collecting the water. After my school education my mother take a loan from a local bank and buy one cow. Early morning I wake up and bringing milk to neighbors home and after that I am going to my college. The small income of milk selling help me to give my college fee.I completed my graduation and after a two year I got a job in Gujarat, after one year I got a placement in Qatar with the blessings of almighty god. This job help my family to recover from the miseries and financial depth. When I got a job, I requested to my old father to take rest. I have a younger sister, her marriage was in 2007.Then I start to make a home for my parents last august it completed. From my childhood I never break my parents wish and advices, so I told them to look a girl for me from our society. They select a girl for me with out asking any dowry from the girl's house. My concept about a girl is good nature, loving mind, respecting elders, believing in god and good family background is the most biggest wealth in my life. This girl is from a political family and externally my parents like her.Her father is also old and physical not well in health and her mother is a sate govt employee and have one elder son also. My parents told her parents to send her photo to my email. I got a picture on my email after a few days and me also like it and inform my parents to take further step. Then girl family told to my parents, they need an engagement very soon, so they decided a date and informed me. It was on 09 Sep-13.I got leave for one week and I reached in Kerala on 07 Sep-13,next day on 08 Sep morning I go to the girl's home see her. When I see her, I totally disappointed because she is totally different from the photo which her parents sent to me on my mail. They edited her photo in photoshop and cheated me.Then I came to my home and told to my parents, I am not interested to continue this proposal. My father fell unconscious and mother also started to cry, really I can't break my parents heart so I agreed to dispose all my concept and next day I did engagement in a temple. She put a ring in my finger and I put in her finger also. After some days I back to my job. I never tried to see her or tried to call even after my engagement. Actually I lose my mind and praying to god to help me. After some days her father's elder brother, he is a political leader, came to my neighbor's ( his party follower) home and call my father and ask about my bank balance and property. Genuinely I took a housing loan for completing my house, every month the bank deducting their emi from my salary and rest of the amount is using for the family maintenance. The land where I construct home it is my father's sweat, so he told these fact to her relative, that politician got very angry and harassed my father in front of his party followers and ordered to my father to transfer the property from his name to my name. He can't even speak and came to home. I heared these and I told to my parents to drop this proposal. But they are not ready because of public and there political influences. After that we got some bad information about her and her family members related to morality. Once her brother caught in a night with a lady by her husband and public. With there political strength they washed away all the issues and facing public with out shame. While any poor people need any help from any govt offices, this man first asking money from them with out any mercy. Now my parents realized, they done a big mistake in my life. Then my father informed them we are not interested to continue this proposal no more. They are came to my home and used lot of abusive language on my parents. They convinced the public that we demand more dowry and they refused to give, that's why we call off the proposal. We are alone in the public, all are with her family, we prayed to god for help because he know the fact. Our cast association conduct a compromise meeting in there office, my father and my uncle attend the meeting, they came with around fifty people including gundas. They didn't give a chance to speak my father and demand for twenty lakhs compensation for the withdrawal of engagement. Even religious leaders also favour them. We can't dream this much amount, then how I can give. After some days her father died due to his illness and they got a big reason that he died because of this breaking engagement. Last week again call for meeting by the religious leaders and given three demands.

1) Give twenty lakhs or 2) Girl's family select another boy for her and all the marriage expenses should be on my responsibility or 3) My parents search a boy according to her family members criteria and take all the responsibility of financial expenses by my family. If we not agreed, they will register case against me and my family in the court. My father have no answer and inform me these demands. I told to my parents, I can pay maximum one lakh for there engagement expenses. Genuinely they spend may be maximum fifty thousand for the engagement function, I am ready to give double of it. With my low salary I can't agree there demands or else I need to sale my home and go to street with my old parents. I never forget my past life, even with my low salary every month I am giving some money for charity. Me and my parents are always worshipping the god but he is not looking our tears, may be this is our fate, thanks for your precious time and sorry to disturb you with this long miseries of my life. Can you give me a legal suggestion, may I get a justice from court?Now girl family filed a case against me and my family.Police prepared fir against me, my parents and sister according to 108,406 and 34.Now we are trying to get a bail, is it possible a bail from high court?

--
Aneesh
Kerala