Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

10day notice. No final warning. No police reports filed. Need help please

LaVianca
Hello! My roommates and I just moved into our new apartment almost 2.5wks ago. Since we've moved in we've had 2 noise complaints left on our door. We received our first complaint because of music after what our office said were during quiet hours which after we no longer played music to that volume or at that time. the 2nd was because of my nephew who is 2, complaint saying they heard screaming and stomping during the day. Which was not nearly to an extreme they told us. After the 2nd complaint we had a small gathering for my birthday where we played board games and listened to music from a laptop. The next day we received a 10day notice telling us our lease was being terminated due to consistent noise violations. we never received a final complaint or warning. Police were never called, no disturbing the peace was ever filled. They are saying if we do not vacate the property they will file for an eviction. Do they have legal standing to terminate our lease? Do we have any legal standing to continue our lease?